First impressions matter because let us be honest, how many times have you bought something because you were impressed by the packaging?
Admit or not most of us are drawn to a product because of a well-designed exterior. This affects our buying decisions because it is the first message the brand sends out.
It shows just how much care is taken over the product and the effort put in to get all the details of what is offered and how far they will go to make a good impression.
In the digital world, this translates to your company’s website. The first step your potential customer has with your brand and the buying process so it is important to start strong to make sure they are drawn into your site. Before going through your website to find if you offer the solution it needs to capture the attention visually first. See this post that relates to the physiology of web design.
Aside from setting a good first impression here are is a list of reasons why good website design is valuable for any business.
- Usability – it takes about 50 milliseconds for a user to form an opinion about your website, whether they stay or leave. 57% of internet users say they won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed website on mobile. 38% of people will stop engaging with a website if the content or layout are unattractive. Remember, even books with great covers can get put down halfway through. Make sure your website is well designed and well structured from start to finish.
- SEO – Web design and SEO refers to designing and developing websites that follow best practices for SEO. When you create a site that nails SEO and website design, you make it possible for your business to rank higher in search results, which translates to more traffic, leads, and revenue.
- Expertise and Customer Service – You may the best in your field so having a good website design shows how much effort you put into every part of your branding. In a way your website is the 24/7 customer service rep that’s always accessible and approachable to potential clients.
- Differentiates Your Brand – chances are you are very similar to your competitors and more or less the same price range. A good website is the one thing that will make you stand out from the competition. An old and outdated website may make you seem like the least option for consideration so it is best to keep up to date with technology and have a website that shows your company off in the best light.
- Conversion – With the correct website builder you can direct visitors to where you want them to look on your website, use design elements to highlight special offers, featured products and other elements you want to highlight.
- Brand Trust – A professional web design builds your credibility and trust for your brand. It reflects your personalitity and helps you in reassuring customers that you are a repuable company.